Attendees: Ken Moreland (ORNL), Silvio Rizzi (ANL), Hank Childs (UO), Nick Davis (SNL), Sujin Philip (Kitware), Abhishk Yenpure (UO), Matt Larsen (LLNL), Terry Turton (LANL), Ollie Lo (LANL), James Kress (ORNL), Vicente Bolea (Kitware), Berk Geveci (Kitware)
- KPP-3 strategy reporting
- Draft KPP-3 strategy: https://confluence.exascaleproject.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=118753130
- KPP-3 evidence for single KPP-3 pushed back a bit from August 16
- Let's think about possible highlights
- App engagement
- Success with porting (e.g. run on Aurora)
- Engagement with other ST teams (e.g. using Kokkos)
- Submitted highlight on integration with EFFIS
- Expect to submit another highlight when used in a big run
- Possible highlight slide on particle advection with WarpX (Matt)
ECP task updates
Update on Git LFS.
Has anyone been looking at compiling both VTK-m and Ascent over Kokkos? We have had to do some special things under CUDA, and we might expect there to be some integration issues under Kokkos and its various backends as well.
There is a problem with the latest version of Kokkos. There are somehow forcing CMake to use their nvcc wrapper, which is screwing everything up. We need to engage the Kokkos team for this.
Filter redesign requirements: https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk-m/-/issues/601
Matt working on WarpX highlight.
Rename master branch?
- Need to wait for some changes to git before the transition (for some automated features of repo).
- Can we for a time have a master that mirrors the new default?
- Don't know, but seems possible. Will have to look into that.